CENTRAL ALABAMAWORKS IS SEEKING A WORKFORCE PROGRAM COORDINATOR, RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSISTING THE DIRECTOR IN COORDINATING, AND EXECUTING WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS IN THE REGION.
The Workforce Program Coordinator will be an employee of Central AlabamaWorks and will be based in one of the 13 counties that make up the region, but will work throughout the region and will be expected to travel between the 13 counties of the workforce region as needed and occasionally beyond the borders of the region.
Central AlabamaWorks serves: Autauga, Bullock, Chambers, Coosa, Dallas, Elmore, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Montgomery, Perry, Russell, and Tallapoosa counties.
FLSA Status is Exempt / Salaried
I. Job Relations:
Reports To: Executive Director of Central AlabamaWorks
Has frequent contact with other staff members, board members, volunteers, sponsors, civic and business leaders, agencies and their staffs, media representatives, and the general public.
- Provides administrative support for the organization as directed by the Executive Director including, but not limited to: maintaining current contact data on volunteers and resource providers, prepares and distributes materials for meetings, communicates meeting details and handles follow up (RSVP’s) through Constant Contact or other communication platforms, collects data and develops reports;
- Organizes and executes Educator Workforce Academies in the region, including educator/school recruitment, maintains reporting data for earned Professional Learning Units (PLU), coordinates volunteer recruitment and event operations;
- Regularly works with middle and secondary schools with age appropriate presentations designed to support the issues reported by business and industry;
- Supports workforce development events including but not limited to Career Discovery, Regional Hiring Fairs, Industry Tours and other programs and services of the organization;
- Helps ensure that Central AlabamaWorks meets each of its established project goals as well as the required accountability metrics;
- Performs such other tasks and duties, including coordinating special projects, which are consistent with goals of Central AlabamaWorks.
A. Education: Minimum required is an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience. Preferred is a Baccalaureate degree, or higher, from an accredited institution and experience in the field of workforce or economic development.
- Service preferred in one of the following:
- private/public sector management
- human resources
- An understanding of workforce and / or economic development is preferred.
C. Special Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Skillful in digital technology, including email and Microsoft Office programs PowerPoint, Excel and Word, Quick Books, and social media updates;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing, editing and making presentations to groups and individuals;
- Strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills; exceptional integrity, trustworthiness, and ability to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality with proprietary information;
- Self-starter with a high degree of professionalism and adaptable to change as the workforce needs and areas of focus change;
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal daily supervision;
- Thinks innovatively to offer new ideas, concepts and solutions;
- Successful candidate must pass background check, including credit check, driving record and drug screening;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation and appropriate driving record; and
- Works cooperatively and positively with all staff members of Central AlabamaWorks, including board and council members and promotes an environment of excellence and teamwork.
IV. Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- A workspace is provided with the necessary resources and equipment. Physical activities involve walking in the office, keyboard and computer use, travel to meetings and business-related activities, reading, filing, bending, occasional light lifting, and moving and set up of equipment before, during and after meetings and events.
V. Hours of Work:
- The position is full-time 40 hours per week. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Workforce Program Coordinator is occasionally required to work varied hours, evenings or weekends to accommodate committee, board, events or other needs of Central AlabamaWorks.
- Occasional overnight, out-of-town travel is required. Travel expense is covered on a reimbursement schedule and basis.
VI. Compensation: The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
VII. Other Duties: This position description is an accurate summary of the Workforce Program Coordinator for Central AlabamaWorks duties and responsibilities; however, he/she may be called upon to assume other duties as assigned.
VIII. Application Process:
- Email a cover letter, resume and references to: Gindi Prutzman, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline is Noon on Friday, September 13, 2019